Every once or twice in each mango season, there comes a mango which tastes absolutely Divine!! You might be getting the same type of mangoes each time, but still, there are certain batches, of which, the taste just stand out from the rest! I came across one such batch recently and I had to make this Mango Salsa, which I had been waiting for patiently since long time to make, for want of such a divine tasting mango.
This salsa is a medley of so many different flavors and textures in a bowl. It gets it’s sweetness from mango, tanginess from lemon, spiciness from green chilies, crunchiness from red bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and mint. Using each ingredient in the right proportion is of absolute importance to make this salsa an excellent one.
Mango – 1 medium ( I prefer the Kent or the Alphonso variety)
Red bell pepper – 1/4 of a medium size (quarter)
Onion – 1/4 of a medium size (quarter)
Green chillies – 1 – 1 1/2 medium (absolute must)
Cilantro – 6-7 sprigs
Mint – 3 sprigs
Lemon/lime juice – 1 teaspoon
- Peel and cut mango into medium to small pieces.
- Chop the red bell pepper, onion, green chillies (after removing seeds) into small pieces.
- Finely chop the mint and cilantro.
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl, add lemon juice.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips.