Pad Thai can be made many different ways as also a lot of different varieties of vegetables can be used. The following is how I made it.
This is recipe 19 of 30 🙂
Rice noodles – 1 pack
Baby corn – 15 oz.
Crimini mushrooms – about 15
Bean Sprouts – 3 cups
Shallots/Onion – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 4 cloves
Roasted peanuts – 3/4 cup
Oil – 3 tablespoons
Cilantro – 1/4 cup
Vegetable bullion – 1 cube
Salt – to taste
Water for boiling the noodles as well as for the vegetable stock
Lemon – 1
For Pad Thai Sauce:
Tamarind paste – 1 tablespoon
Sugar – 2 teaspoons
Soya sauce – 2 tablespoons
Green chillies or chili sauce – 1 tablespoon
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Cook the pad thai noodles in boiling water, until al dente.
- Prepare pad thai sauce by mixing the sauce ingredients listed above. Whisk it for a minute.
- Prepare stock by dissolving the vegetable bullion in a cup of boiling water.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add garlic, shallots/onion. Stir fry for about a minute.
- Add baby corn, mushrooms, vegetable stock. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles. Gradually pour the pad thai sauce over it, continue to stir fry for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add bean sprouts and stir fry about 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with finely chopped cilantro, roasted peanuts. Garnish with lemon wedges.