Makes for an awesome edible gift this holiday season. Very easy to make, and yummy to the core!
Dark Chocolate – 12 Oz. (I used Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chips)
Instant Coffee – 1 teaspoon
Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
Sea Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Pistachios – 15-20, chopped
Prepare by setting a large piece of parchment paper on counter top. Roughly around 2 feet * 1 feet.
- Heat chocolate over double boiler, Once it’s half melted, add the vanilla extract, instant coffee, and a tablespoon of chopped pistachios (optional) to it. Stir. Remove from heat before the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir/whisk the chocolate with a spatula. This gives a wonderful glaze to the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate on the parchment paper and spread it think using a spatula. This needs to be done sooner, while the chocolate is warm. Make a very thin layer. In case the chocolate gets bit dry as it gets cold, you can return it back to the double boiler and re-heat it.
- Sprinkle the sea-salt and remaining chopped pistachios on the chocolate bark before it gets cooler.
- Refrigerate for half an hour to an hour. Break into pieces with hand – the pieces doesn’t need to be symmetrical.
Enjoy! Happy Holidays!!