May the Universe paint the canvass of your life with the most beautiful colors and sprinkle peace and joy at every step! Happy Holi!
Ingredients for paste:
Almonds – 15
Cashews – 15
Poppy seeds (khuskhus) – 1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds – 1 teaspoon
Black peppercorns – 15
Melon seeds – 1 tablespoon
Green cardamom seeds – 1 teaspoon
Milk – 6 cups
Sugar – 5-6 teaspoons (or to taste)
Saffron – 1/4 teaspoon
Rose water – 4-5 drops
Pistachio (unsalted) – 1 tablespoon
Rose petals – a few
- Soak the ingredients listed under ‘for paste’ in a few tablespoons of water for about 4 hours. Can also soak it overnight. Use just enough water for soaking.
- Warm a tablespoon of milk and soak the saffron strands in it, leaving some for garnishing.
- Heat 6 cups of milk, bring it to a boil and then turn off the heat. Let it cool. Add sugar, soaked saffron, rose water, and then refrigerate it until chilled.
- Grind the soaked ingredients into a very fine paste. Use a few teaspoons of milk if needed.
- Once the milk is chilled, add the above paste to the milk. Mix well. I used the blender to blend the drink well. You have an option to strain the drink with a strainer. I did not do so as I feel the taste is lot more richer without straining.
- Serve in individual cups, garnish with chopped pistachios, saffron strands and rose petals.