Gourmet Chocolate Covered Strawberries are fun to make, as well as eat! These also make great edible gifts, especially during this holiday season. The recipe is quite self-explanatory from the pictures, though will try to explain the steps that I followed, as much as possible.
- Wash and clean the strawberries, making sure there is absolutely no water on it. Line a plate with parchment paper. Line up the small bowls filled with various toppings.
- Melt chocolate (one color at a time) over double boiler. That is, heat a vessel with water over the stove, take another smaller vessel, put chocolate in it, and hold it inside the water, stirring, while making sure, water doesn’t seep into the container.
- Dip a strawberry in melted chocolate 3/4 of the way. Then dip it into a desired topping. Rest it on the plate lined with parchment paper. Repeat with few other strawberries. In my opinion, the candy sprinkles, at least the colors that I used, look better on the strawberries covered with white chocolate. Leave some strawberries without dipping into the topping, so that you can draw/write on it with the other colored chocolate.
- Repeat these steps with the other colored chocolate.
- If the melted chocolate becomes bit harder while going through this process, you can re-melt it using the double boiler method. Microwave works too, but you gotta be very careful that the chocolate doesn’t get burnt in microwave.
- Pipe in the letters/designs on the strawberries that were kept aside, without dipping in any of the toppings, with a different colored chocolate. If you want to make a quick pipe at home, take a zip lock bag, cut a very tiny portion on the bottom corner, fill a spoon full of melted chocolate, make a cone shaped pipe, and write/draw with it over the strawberry.
- Once done with all the strawberries, cover the plate and refrigerate for an hour (if you can resist not eating these right away). These taste good when chilled.