A heavenly rich, soft, nourishing homemade mango ice cream – hands down one of the best ice creams I have ever tasted. Loved it! Did not expect it to turn out so good! You have to try it at least once!!
Whipping Cream or Whipped Cream – 3/4 cup
Milk powder – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/3 cup
Powdered Sugar – 1/4 cup
Mango Pulp – 3/4 cup
Pistachios – 10, finely chopped
Saffron strands – a pinch
- Pour the whipping cream in a bowl, Whip it. If using whipped cream, it’s ready to go – no need to whip that further.
- Add milk powder, milk, powdered sugar.
- Add mango pulp. You can use either canned pulp or a fresh mango for this. If using fresh mango, keep some mango chunks aside for adding it to the ice cream.
- I used an ice cream machine to make this ice cream. You can make it without an ice cream machine as well. If using the machine, take the pre-frozen bowl of the machine, put the paddle and add the above mixture, plus mango chunks, if any. Churn it for 20-30 minutes. Freeze it for 4-5 hours.
- If preparing without the ice-cream machine, be sure to freeze a big bowl in the freezer for about 12 hours. Add the above mixture in it, mix well. Freeze it. Remove from the freezer after about 2-3 hours, mix it again and freeze it. The ice-cream should be ready in another 4-5 hours.
- When the ice cream is ready, serve it in a bowl, topped with chopped pistachios and saffron strands.
Shreya at Jumbodium says
Looks too yummy. I am dying to have it. Too good. I wish I could make it out once. thank u for the awesome recipe.