Missi Roti is a North Indian style bread. What makes it interesting and delicious is the combination of ingredients that go into it. It tastes great with Sarson Ka Saag.
This is recipe 15 of 30 🙂
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Gram flour (besan) – 1 cup
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Green chili – 1, finely chopped
Cilantro – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Pomegranate seeds – 1 1/2 tablespoons
Chaat masala – 1 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Ghee/Oil/Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Knead slightly stiff dough using all the above ingredients. Use warm water for kneading the dough.
- Put it aside for an hour.
- When making rotis, re-knead dough. Divide dough into equal parts.
- Roll it into a circle shaped roti. Due to the use of gram flour, the dough would be very sticky and so it is ok not to roll into very thin rotis. Once the roti is rolled, use a sharp object like knife, slowly running it below the roti, so that when lifting it to put onto the griddle, the roti doesn’t break.
- Heat a griddle, put roti onto it. Cook on medium heat. Bursh it with ghee/oil/butter on both the sides while cooking. Cook it until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.