Serendipity 3 Frrrozen Hot Chocolate – Yumminess personified! This was Serendipity 3 Restaurant’s Best Kept Secret recipe for 50 years!! Nothing quite like having it on a Christmas afternoon – Pure Bliss! This is the best chocolate drink I’ve ever had!
Serendipity III, is a restaurant located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, in New York City, founded by Stephen Bruce. It has been famously featured in many movies, the most popular one being the Romantic Comedy Serendipity. The restaurant is well known for its frozen drinks, particularly its trademark Frrrozen Hot chocolate, the recipe of which was the Best Kept Secret for years!! Marilyn Monroe frequently patronized the restaurant, and First Lady Jackie O was also a frequent guest and once even tried to buy the recipe for the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate for an event she was throwing. Stephen Bruce refused to give her the recipe though he did offer to come and make the frozen drink for her party himself. The recipe can now be found in Sweet Serendipity, a book of recipes and history sold in the general store located inside the restaurant. (Source: Wikipedia)
Serendipity 3 Frrrozen Hot Chocolate
Serendipity 3 Frrrozen Hot Chocolate – Yumminess personified! This was Serendipity 3 Restaurant’s Best Kept Secret recipe for 50 years!! Nothing quite like having it on a Christmas afternoon – Pure Bliss! This is the best chocolate drink I’ve ever had!Print Pin Recipe
Servings (slide to adjust): 2
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Serendipity hot chocolate mix (available at certain gourmet food stores)
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 3-4 oz. Chocolate (I used Swiss dark chocolate and do recommend using dark chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Whipped cream, to taste
- 3-4 Ice cubes
- Cut the chocolate into pieces, keeping about an ounce for later use, and heat the chocolate and hot chocolate mix and 1/2 a cup of milk on a double boiler for 2-3 minutes, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove from heat, add the remaining milk, sugar and ice cubes and blend it using a blender for 2-3 minutes. The ice cubes can be made out of chocolate milk in advance to maintain the density of the drink.
- Pour the drink into a glass. Grate the remaining 1 ounce of chocolate, add it to the drink and stir. Garnish with whipped cream and some grated chocolate. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Please rate it. Thanks.Follow me on Instagram @eatmoreart
Seasons Greetings and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply