A bit of sweet, a bit of tart, a bit of spicy, a bit of tangy, and a whole lot of awesomeness in a cup. All 5 ingredients in this recipe are superfoods, and together, it’s pure gold – a miraculous combination, hence I rightly came up with this name of the recipe: Sunshine in a Cup. It truly felt like Sunshine!!
This tea reflects sunny California, as well as helps fight cold that is prevalent due to the current cold/flu season going on here.
A few days ago, I woke up with a massive headache and felt it was sinus bringing in that headache. I couldn’t focus on anything and the headache continued throughout the day. It frustrates me when I am not able to do anything as a result of not being able to focus on anything. I went to the kitchen with the hope of making something kickass. Just added a cup of water and kept adding a couple of things which I thought would help. It turned out to be one of the yummiest teas I’ve ever had, and at once I felt like it was a ray of sunshine on my otherwise gloomy day. Hence the name!
Nowadays I’ve been drinking this regularly, especially when I want to work on something creative, I just make a cup of this tea and sip it while I work. It is very refreshing.
Sunshine in a Cup | Turmeric Ginger Lemon Honey Tea
A pure gold of a beverage, which is sure to become your favorite!Print Pin Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings (slide to adjust): 2
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ginger grated
- 1 Lemon medium sized
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper powder (optional)
- In a pan, add water, grated ginger, turmeric powder, honey, black pepper powder (optional). Cover it and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer level and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the above tea, keeping 2 wedges aside for garnish on top.
- Strain it in cups, add 1 lemon wedge in each.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the warm Sunshine in a Cup!
While turmeric and black pepper each have their own unique health properties, many of the properties are enhanced when you combine the two. Black pepper powder, when added with turmeric, boosts the bioavailability of turmeric by an astonishing 2000%. Search this topic to find out more. All 5 ingredients in this recipe are superfoods, and together, it's a miraculous combination.
Tried this recipe? Please rate it. Thanks.Follow me on Instagram @eatmoreart