This incredibly easy, quick, and amazingly delicious Chilled Blueberry Soup – a dessert soup – requires no cooking. You can easily make this soup with blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries. Adding a tiny bit of mint makes this fruit soup oh so refreshing. This soup recipe is extremely easy and quick – can be ready in under 10 minutes.
This chilled blueberry soup will take your meal experience to the next level. This soup can be served either prior to the meal or as a dessert at the end of the meal.
This Blueberry Dessert Soup is absolutely delicious and is also a relatively healthy as blueberries are superfoods which are rich in various vitamins, nutrients, and are very powerful anti-oxidants. The soup requires very little sugar as blueberries are naturally sweet. You can replace the sugar with any other sweetener of your choice to make it healthier. Blueberry Soup is gluten-free and can also be easily made vegan or dairy-free by using vegan sour cream as well as heavy cream.
Chilled Blueberry Soup
- 20 oz. Blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 cup Blueberry juice can be used readymade, or can make at home. see notes.
- ¾ cup Sour cream use vegan sour cream for vegan version of this recipe
- ¾ cup Heavy cream use vegan heavy cream for vegan version of this recipe
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Mint, finely chopped keep some leaves aside for garnishing
- Using a blender, puree the blueberries. Use the blueberry juice while blending.
- Pour it in a big bowl. Fold in the sour cream and heavy cream.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, chopped mint leaves Mix well. Refrigerate.
- Serve chilled. Garnish with few drops of heavy cream, mint leaves.Enjoy!
♥ Did you like or try this recipe? If so, I would love to hear from you. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more delicious posts and recipes. ♥
FRESH OR FROZEN Blueberries?
You can make this soup either using fresh or frozen blueberries. A quick tip: frozen blueberries are easily available in the freezer section of grocery stores.
CAN I MAKE THIS SOUP WITH ANY OTHER FRUITS/BERRIES?
HOW DO I MAKE THIS SOUP HEALTHIER?
In order to make it healthier, you can replace the sour cream/heavy cream with Greek yogurt or any vegan yogurt. The sugar may have to be adjusted. The taste may change slightly compared to the original version. You can also use any other sweetener in place of sugar.
BENEFITS OF Blueberries:
- Blueberries are superfoods that are low in calories and very high in nutrients.
- Blueberries are also very powerful anti-oxidants.
- Blueberries reduce DNA damage which may help protect against aging and cancer.
- Helps lower blood pressure as well as prevent heart diseases.
- Can help in brain functions as well as improve memory.
- Helps reduce muscle damage after strenous exercise.
There are many more benefits of blueberries. More information can be found here.
If you like this soup recipe, check out the Chilled Raspberry Soup recipe here, which is a very similar recipe: