Raspberry Yogurt Granola Breakfast Parfait is a delicious, healthy combination of yogurt, fruit, granola, and nuts, with interesting textures and flavors. This breakfast parfait is gluten-free, healthy, and can be made vegan by using vegan yogurt. You can have it either as breakfast or as a snack any time of the day!
A Parfait in French is doublet of Perfect. Perfect means, having all of its parts in harmony with a common purpose. And so it is. A parfait also means a layered dessert or breakfast consisting of fruits, cream, toppings etc. Parfaits generally are visually appealing and hence it not only nourishes the body, but also mind and soul 🙂
This Raspberry Yogurt Granola Breakfast Parfait is very easy to put together. You can use either whole raspberries or can use a compote. I prefer to use both. I have mentioned the recipe of compote in the notes section of the recipe card.
A parfait can be eaten as a dessert, snack, or breakfast. A parfait can be sweet or savory. The combination of ingredients that can be used to construct a parfait is endless. Really, it’s like – pick up your paintbrush and paint the canvas – kind of creative.
Recently I did a poll on my Instagram asking if you are Team Parfait or Team Smoothie. The poll results leaned more towards Parfait, though Smoothie was also a close contender. Team Parfait for the win – yay! I like both. The reason I prefer Parfait at times is, though it is a combination of various ingredients stacked up in a jar or a cup, you can still taste and feel the different flavors and textures separately – the soft, smooth, crunchy, sweet, tart, savory, and the works. One can get as creative as one wants in layering it up. It is also very visually appealing. Whereas in smoothies, you can use the same ingredients, but since it all blends in one, you get one combined taste (except for the toppings, if any), versus different ones in every spoon/sip/bite. So eating a parfait also makes it fun. When I am looking for the crunch, I dig into the granola part of it, when I am looking for smoothness, I dig the spoon deeper and reach out for that yogurt bite.
Raspberry Yogurt Granola Breakfast Parfait
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 2 cups Yogurt use vegan yogurt for vegan version
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 cup Granola or can use any breakfast cereal)
- 1 tablespoon Almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon Edible flowers optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract or rose water optional
- 1 tablespoon Roasted sunflower seeds or melon seeds
- 1 teaspoon Chia seeds
- Whip the yogurt using a whip or a spoon to smoothen it. Add rose water or vanilla extract if using it. Mix it.
- Layer a jar or a cup with some whipped yogurt. Drizzle some maple syrup on top of it.
- Top it with a tablespoon of Raspberry compote or just some raspberries.For a quick raspberry compote recipe, see the notes section.
- Add a spoonful of granola. Top it with whisked yogurt, compote or raspberries, granola. Add sliced or chopped almonds. Sprinkle sunflower and chia seeds. Finish it with edible flowers (optional).
- The recipe serves 2 people. The nutrition information is calculated per serving.
- To make a raspberry compote, heat a saucepan. Add 1/2 cup of raspberries, add half a tablespoon of maple syrup (you may add sugar instead if you so prefer). Add 1/2 a teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix. Take 1/4 cup cold water, add 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch and mix well. Add it to the simmering raspberries, mix well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on low-medium heat. The raspberry compote is ready. Let it cool. Note that the cornstarch mix is optional. If you don’t have it on hand, you may skip it. In that case, skip adding water as well.
Can I use frozen raspberries?
Yes, it is absolutely ok to use frozen raspberries. When buying it, be mindful that the frozen fruits does not have added refined sugar or many additives.
Can this breakfast parfait be made in advance?
Yes the parfait can be made in advance. Just add the granola at the time of eating so that it doesn’t get soggy.
What other fruits can be used in making a breakfast parfait?
The options are endless. You can use any kind of berries like strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or any other. You may use any other fruits like mangoes, peaches, nectrines, or any other fruits that you can think of.
Benefits of Raspberries:
According to WebMD, raspberries provide potassium and are proven to lower blood pressure. The Omega-3 fatty acids in raspberries can help prevent several diseases. Manganese present in raspberries is beneficial for healthy bones, skin, as well as helps regulate blood sugar.
More Breakfast Parfait and Smoothie recipes:
Leave a Reply