Ever since I tried Black Bean Chili several years ago, this has been a regular one on the menu. Tastes delicious when served in a bread bowl. This is a simple yet, very nutritious recipe.
This is recipe 29 of 30 🙂
Black beans – 3 cups
Bell pepper (green and red) – 2-3
Garlic – 6 cloves
Onion – 1 large
Tomatoes – 4 medium
Chili seasoning – 1 packet
Lemon juice – 2-3 tablespoons
Oil – 1 1/2 tablespoon
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
Parsley (for garnishing) – few sprigs
Parmesan cheese (for garnishing) – 1 tablespoon
Green chillies (for garnishing) – 1 tablespoon
- Soak black beans, overnight. Add salt and boil it in a pressure cooker, the next day. Drain. Retain excess water for later use.
- Heat oil. Add chopped garlic, onion. Saute it for a few minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, bell pepper. Saute for about 5-7 minutes. This time, I actually roasted the garlic, onion, bell peppers etc in the oven before adding it to the gravy. And the taste and aroma of the roasted veggies was awesome.
- Add half the black beans. Simmer it for a couple of minutes.
- Puree the gravy in a blender. Return it to heat, adding the remaining black beans.
- Add chili seasoning, salt, pepper, lemon juice. Add desired amount of water that was retained from draining the black beans. Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese, finely chopped green chilies, and parsley.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)