As we get ready to welcome Santa Claus to tonight, I thought this was an apt recipe to post. It’s kid friendly, quick, delicious. Making these cookies is as easy as counting 1 2 3! It’s a child’s play (under adult supervision, of course). These are eggless, and remember, Santa’s coming to town tonight.
So bake it once;
check it twice;
leave it near the chimney with a glass of milk;
for Santa’s surprise!
These are eggless cookies. Made 3-4 batches so far in last few days and these disappeared in no time. Barely saved a few for taking pics (and of course for Santa – or have I?)
The recipe is the same as I posted yesterday for the Cookies in a Jar. Here it is, one more time – with minor changes, in case you aren’t making it from the ingredients out of the jar.
All purpose flour – 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
Sugar (white) – 1/4 cup
Sugar (dark brown) – 1/4 cup
Butter – 1/2 cup
Milk – 2 tablespoons
Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
Chocolate chips – 1/2 cup – I used Ghirardelli baking chocolate chips
- Sieve the all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Take 1/2 cup butter at room temperature. Whisk it.
- Add both sugars, 2 tablespoons of milk. Whisk till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips, keeping a few aside. Mix. Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees. Line 1 or 2 cookie sheets / baking trays with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls. No need to flatten these. Place these on the lined cookie sheet, very far apart from each other. These will need a lot of space as the mixture will spread into cookie shape as it bakes. Bake it for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and gently press the rest of the chocolate chips on these cookies. Bake it again for about 5-7 minutes. The sides will start browning and that is when you know the cookies are baked.
Remove from oven – enjoy it warm or cold – making sure to leave some aside for Santa with a glass of milk!
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)