The über healthy, über delicious Fajita Salad wrapped in Lettuce: A palette of colors and flavors! A rich source of Proteins and Nutrients with Black Beans, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange Bell Peppers, Mushrooms, & White Onion, lightly sautéed in Olive Oil and seasoned with Fajita Seasoning, Salt & Pepper, all wrapped in Lettuce!
Bell Peppers – Total 2 [combination of red, yellow, green, orange (or any available color(s))
Lettuce – 1
Black beans – 1 cup (either soaked, boiled with salt added or use readymade canned ones)
Fajita Seasoning – 1/2 pack, or to taste
Onions – 1/2
Mushrooms – 10-12
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
Sour cream (optional) – 1 tablespoon
Cilantro – few sprigs
- Soak black beans overnight, add salt and boil it so that it’s tender but not mushy. Can used readymade canned ones instead. Keep it aside.
- Vertically cut bell peppers, onion, mushrooms.
- Heat oil, add onions, saute for a couple of minutes. Add bell peppers and mushrooms. Add the fajita seasoning, salt pepper. Saute until tender but crisp. Turn off the heat.
- Line a plate or a bowl with 1-2 lettuce leaves. Add the above sauted veggies, black beans.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream (optional), cilantro sprigs.
Wrap the lettuce around and enjoy the crunchy, crispy, colorful goodness in a wrap!