Farro salad is a yummy, colorful, and truly refreshing change from usual salads. Farro’s chewy texture makes it an interesting salad ingredient, and it pairs up well with pretty much any greens and veggies.
Farro is grown in Italy and is a pure form of wheat. It looks very much like wheat and tastes similar to ponk (which is popular in Surat, Gujarat and only available in that part of the world). I used the Organic pearled farro from Whole Foods.
Farro salad is yummy, colorful, and truly a refreshing change from usual salads. Farro is an Italian grain and it's chewy texture makes it an interesting salad ingredient, and it pairs up well with pretty much any greens and veggies.Print Pin Recipe
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 14 minutes
Servings (slide to adjust): 4
- 1 cup Organic Pearled Farro
- 8-10 Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- few sprigs Parsley, coarsly chopped
- 2 cups Salad greens any kind
- 1 teaspoon Feta cheese (use any vegan cheese for vegan version)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Heat water with some salt. Add farro when water boils, and boil it till it's el dente' - chewy in texture. Do not over cook. The cooking time depends upon the variety of farro you use. The one I used in this recipe did not take too long to cook.
- Remove from heat and drain. It's better to drain all the water content before adding it to the salad.
- Meanwhile, chop the heirloom cherry tomatoes in halves. Prepare the greens.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Make a bed of farro on a salad plate. Add the greens and tomatoes. Top it with parsley and feta cheese. Serve with the dressing on the side.Enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Please rate it. Thanks.Follow me on Instagram @eatmoreart