Once in a blue moon you think and whip up a recipe which brings you that aha moment – this was once such recipe. #theultimatemawakulfi #mawakulfi
The grainy, rich, creamy texture of this kulfi will make you feel you are eating those authentic matka/matla kulfi!
Condensed milk – 1 Can
Evaporated milk – 1 Can
Whipped cream – 2 Cups
Mawa – 4-5 tablespoons, finely grated
Almonds – a handful, coarsely ground
Pistachios – 10-12, finely chopped
Milk – 2 tablespoons
Saffron – A pinch
Rose water – 3-4 drops
- Warm 2 tablespoons of milk, soak some saffron in it, keep it aside. Remaining saffron can be kept aside for garnishing.
- Mix the condensed milk, evaporated milk, whipped cream, grated mawa, ground almonds, some chopped pistachios (leave some aside for garnishing), and rose water. Can use a stand mixer for making this a homogeneous mixture.
- Put the above mixture either in kulfi moulds, or shot glasses, or a pan. Garnish on top with the remaining pistachios, saffron. Keep it in the freezer.
- If using kulfi moulds or shot glasses, insert kulfi sticks after about an hour of freezing. It would be easier to insert the stick as well as keep it in place at that consistency. If using a pan, skip this step.
- The kulfi will be ready to be served in about 4 hours after freezing. It can be sooner or later depending upon the freezer temperature. But you will know when you look at it. To de-mould it from the moulds or shot glasses, keep it outside for 2-3 minutes and move the stick in semi-circles to remove it from the moulds/glasses. For those who have used the pan, just make pieces with the knife like cake, and serve it.
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)