Nutella Sea Salt Truffles: Decadence Personified! Rich, decadent, easy to make. My favorite too. You can also use dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet. The combination of nutella, semi-sweet/dark chocolate, drizzled with sea salt, and coated with unsweetened cocoa powder is pure bliss. In my humble opinion, using any other like sweet or milk chocolate won’t give the same taste and will make the truffle on a sweeter side.
I made multiple batches of these and different variations of it this Christmas. You can easily double, quadruple the recipe. Makes for great edible gifts.
Makes about 40 truffles
Semi-sweet chocolate chips / bar – 1 cup
Nutella – 1 cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder – About 1/2 cup
Heavy cream – 4 tablespoons
Sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Keep the chocolate chips/grated chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick vessel, add heavy cream, nutella. Keep it on medium heat, stirring continuously until bubbles start forming on the side.
- Turn off the heat. Let the mixture stand for about 30 seconds.
- Pour it over the chocolate chips and cover the bowl. Let it stand for a minute.
- Whisk chocolate chips in one direction until all of the chocolate is melted. You will see a nice glaze in the mixture.
- Refrigerate the mxiture for about 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls. Can use a bit of cocoa powder if it’s sticking too much on hands.
- Drizzle sea salt on top of it and put these balls in a freezer for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from the freezer and roll these in cocoa power.
Refrigerate the remaining truffles, as it tends to melt if kept outside, and won’t taste the same.