Potato snacks are generally everyone’s favorite and this one being oven roasted, is definitely healthier compared to the deep-fried french fries version.
Russet potato – 1 (Large)
Oil – 1 tablespoon. Can use olive oil, butter, ghee or any other type of oil
Lemon juice (optional) – 1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 5-6 leaves
Sea salt – To taste
Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pre-heat oven at 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut the potatoes into sticks. Peeling potato is optional. Sticks should be about 1/8 the size of a regular potato french fry.
- Mix oil, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and potato sticks in a bowl. Add curry leaves.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and spray some oil to coat it. Arrange potato sticks on the tray such that the sticks are all in one layer.
- Put inside the oven for about 15 minutes, then check. Move the sticks around if needed. The total roasting time would be around 30 minutes.
- In the end, put oven on broil for about 3 minutes and keep checking every 30 seconds to a minute to make sure the potatoes don’t brown much.
The texture of the sticks would be between semi-crisp and crisp, depending upon several factors, but definitely would be crispier than the regular french fries.