I cooked up a storm today and thought about kicking off the 2010 cooking marathon with one of those recipes.
This is a spring medley of greens and fruits, combined. The color and combination of ingredients makes it interesting for kids and adults, alike. One of the easiest salads to put together.
Spring greens – 2 cups
Orange – 1 (can use any citrus fruit instead)
Strawberries – 10
Crumbled blue cheese – 1 1/2 tablespoon (Feta cheese or any other cheese may be used instead)
Olive oil – t tablespoon
Lemon juice – 1/2 tablespoon
Salt and Freshly ground pepper – to taste
- Mix the salad greens. Cut the oranges in rounds, making sure the white portion and seeds, if any, are removed.
- Cut the strawberries vertically into 4 pieces.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and freshly ground pepper to make the salad dressing.
- Arrange greens on a salad plate, top it with oranges and strawberries.
- Add salad dressing and top it with crumbled blue cheese.