Coconut Laddu or Nariyal Laddu is one of the simplest, quickest, yummiest dessert ever, loved a lot by all, especially the kids. Ready in under 10 minutes. You can use as littles as two ingredients to get this ready. Of course you can add more ingredients for garnishing this dessert. Tastes a lot like coconut macaroons, as the ingredients are pretty much the same. I generally make this often during Diwali. Had blogged about it few years back as well. Clicked new pictures so blogging it again 🙂
Coconut Laddu | How to make Nariyal Laddu
- 12 oz. Condensed milk (1 small can is 14 Oz.)
- 5 cups Grated Coconut desiccated or fresh. (I used the desiccated one)
- 2 teaspoons Milk (optional)
- 1 pinch Saffron (optional)
- 2 sheets Edible silver foil (optional)
- Heat a tablespoon of milk, add saffron strands. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan (preferably non-stick). Add condensed milk, 4 1/2 cups of grated coconut. If using the fresh one, dry roast it first. Keep 1/2 cup coconut for later use.
- Mix this for about 8 minutes on medium heat, till it starts coming together. Time may vary based on the temperature.
- Turn off the heat. Let it cool a bit, until you can handle the mixture with bare hands. Grease the palm with little ghee, if need be, and roll the mixture into golf-ball sized laddus. Roll these in the reserved coconut mixture that was kept aside.
If using the edible silver foil, apply it on the laddus. Apply a drop of soaked saffron with milk on each laddu. Both of these steps are optionalEnjoy 🙂