- 30 pieces Dates (medium sized), pitted
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Pistachios, shelled optional
- 1 tablespoon Almonds optional
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon Instant coffee powder I used Nescafe’ brand coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil / olive oil Can use ghee/butter for non-vegan version
- 1 piece Edible silver foil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Nut milk for vegan version / regular milk for non-vegan version
- a few Roasted Coffee beans (optional)
Warm the milk and add saffron to it. Keep it aside. This can be done even a few hours ahead so that the saffron is soaked well.
Dry roast each of the nuts separately. Pulse them in food processor into medium sized pieces.
Puree the dates in the food processor. If the dates are nice and soft, it would become a nice lump of mixture. If not, can add a few tablespoons of milk.
Heat oil/ghee/butter in a pan (preferably non-stick) on a medium heat. Add the date mixture, and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Turn off the heat.
Add the chopped nuts, coffee powder, and mix really well, if needed with two spatulas. It might be a bit hard, but the nuts will integrate well in couple of minutes.
When it’s cool enough to handle, roll it into little smaller than golf ball sized laddus. My Mom loves roasted coffee beans and so for her, I added coffee beans also inside few of the laddus.
Once the laddus are rolled, put the edible silver foil on these. Then, put a small droplet of milk from the one in which saffron is soaked. Top it with a strand of saffron.
♥ Did you like or try this recipe? If so, I would love to hear from you. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more delicious posts and recipes. ♥