Dates Walnuts & Coffee LadduPrint Pin Recipe
- 30 pieces Dates (medium sized), pitted
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Pistachios, shelled optional
- 1 tablespoon Almonds optional
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoon Instant coffee powder I used Nescafe’ brand coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil / olive oil Can use ghee/butter for non-vegan version
- 1 piece Edible silver foil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Nut milk for vegan version / regular milk for non-vegan version
- a few Roasted Coffee beans (optional)
- Warm the milk and add saffron to it. Keep it aside. This can be done even a few hours ahead so that the saffron is soaked well.
- Dry roast each of the nuts separately. Pulse them in food processor into medium sized pieces.
- Puree the dates in the food processor. If the dates are nice and soft, it would become a nice lump of mixture. If not, can add a few tablespoons of milk.
- Heat oil/ghee/butter in a pan (preferably non-stick) on a medium heat. Add the date mixture, and cook for about 5-6 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chopped nuts, coffee powder, and mix really well, if needed with two spatulas. It might be a bit hard, but the nuts will integrate well in couple of minutes.
- When it’s cool enough to handle, roll it into little smaller than golf ball sized laddus. My Mom loves roasted coffee beans and so for her, I added coffee beans also inside few of the laddus.
Once the laddus are rolled, put the edible silver foil on these. Then, put a small droplet of milk from the one in which saffron is soaked. Top it with a strand of saffron.Enjoy!
♥ Did you like or try this recipe? If so, I would love to hear from you. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more delicious posts and recipes. ♥