Mango Salsa is a very refreshing fruit salsa that goes well with a Mexican meal or just as a snack with nachos or crackers. This salsa is a medley of so many different flavors and textures. It gets its sweetness from the mango, tanginess from lemon, spiciness from green chilies, crunchiness from onion, cilantro, and mint. The mix of these ingredients makes this salsa an excellent condiment.
Every once or twice in each mango season, there comes a mango which tastes absolutely Divine!! You might be getting the same type of mangoes each time, but still, there are certain batches, of which, the taste just stands out from the rest! I came across one such batch recently and I had to make this Mango Salsa, which I had been waiting for patiently for a long time to make, for want of such a divine tasting mango.
The recipe is plant-based, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and healthy.
This post was originally published in August 2013. Modified to add more details in May 2020.
- 1 qty Mango, medium sized I prefer the Kent or the Alphonso variety
- 2 tablespoons Red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped Use tomato in case you don't have red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Onion, medium-sized
- 1 qty Green chili
- 1/4 cup Cilantro/Coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Peel and cut mango into medium to small pieces.
- Chop the red bell pepper, onion, green chilli (after removing seeds) into small pieces.
- Finely chop the mint and cilantro leaves.
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl, add lemon juice. Mix well. Enjoy it with tortilla chips, crackers, or even wiith farsi puri (Indian crisp crackers).
♥ Did you like or try this recipe? If so, I would love to hear from you. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more delicious posts and recipes. ♥
Growing up in India, we used to eagerly. wait for the Mango season, as we were taught to eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. My favorite kind of mango used to be the Alphonso mango, also known as Hapus mango. Mango is a tropical fruit and is considered the King of Fruits in India and there are hundreds of varieties of mangoes in India.
Health Benefits of Mangoes:
- Apart from being very delicious, Mangoes also have a very impressive nutrition profile.
- Mangoes are low in calories, and high in nutrients – particularly Vitamin C. Vitamin C also helps promote healthy hair and skin.
- Mangoes are powerful anti-oxidants.
- Mangoes help boost immunity.
- Mango contains magnesium, potassium, and the antioxidant mangiferin, which all support healthy heart function.
- Mangoes are rich in fiber and help improve digestive health.
More benefits can be found here.