Watermelon pizza is kind of like regular pizza on a vacation, in it’s summer attire with cool shades et al :).
Your plate is a canvas and with soulful, colorful, masterful strokes, you create poetry on a plate. And food that lovingly prepared, plated, and eaten nourishes your mind, body, and soul all at the same time. And the positive benefits of that on your health and on your body is something we will talk about some other day in a different post.
Summer calls for creative, light, refreshing, nutritious fruity recipes. And the Watermelon Pizza is just that!
It is healthy and fun way to make summer recipes colorful, easy, exciting, and nourishing. The recipe is playful, easy and as a result, you can also get the kids involved in putting it together. And once they are involved, it will keep them busy at a party / get together and also when they are involved in making something, they are much more likely to enthusiastically consume the final product 🙂 It’s a win-win!
Rich in lycopene, antioxidants, and amino acids, each juicy bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free. Can be consumed during fasting as well. This recipe makes your heart happy, both by the colorful visual of it, as well as due to the fact that watermelon helps control your heart rate. 🙂
Print Pin Recipe
Watermelon pizza is kind of like regular pizza on a vacation, in it's summer attire with cool shades et al 🙂
Summer calls for creative, light, refreshing, nutritious fruity recipes. And this Fruit Pizza is just that!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings (slide to adjust): 8 people
- 1 quantity Watermelon
- 5-6 quantity Strawberries, halved
- 12-15 quantity Blueberries
- 8-10 quantity Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Mint, finely chopped
- Sea-salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Feta cheese, crumbled (use vegan cheese for Vegan version, or skip cheese completely)
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar, reduced
- Cut watermelon into 1 inch thick discs. Further slice each disc into 8 pieces like pizza.
- Top it with fresh berries, finely chopped mint, feta cheese crumbles. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper (optional), and drizzle some lemon juice.
- Drizzle it with reduced balsamic vinegar.To make reduced balsamic vinegar, heat 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar with 1/4 cup of sugar. When it comes to a boil, switch the heat to simmer and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once the liquid is reduced to half the quantity you started with, turn off the gas. You can bottle this and use it for longer term.
- Garnish it with fresh edible flowers to make it even more colorful.
- The choice of fruits/berries is up to you and whatever is available in your pantry.
- The combination of watermelon, mint, and lemon juice goes really well together.
Tried this recipe? Please rate it. Thanks.Follow me on Instagram @eatmoreart