Watermelon pizza is kind of like regular pizza on a vacation, in it's summer attire with cool shades et al 🙂
Summer calls for creative, light, refreshing, nutritious fruity recipes. And this Fruit Pizza is just that!
- 1 quantity Watermelon
- 5-6 quantity Strawberries, halved
- 12-15 quantity Blueberries
- 8-10 quantity Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon Mint, finely chopped
- Sea-salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Pistachios, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Feta cheese, crumbled (use vegan cheese for Vegan version, or skip cheese completely)
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar, reduced
Cut watermelon into 1 inch thick discs. Further slice each disc into 8 pieces like pizza.
Top it with fresh berries, finely chopped mint, feta cheese crumbles. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper (optional), and drizzle some lemon juice.
Drizzle it with reduced balsamic vinegar.
To make reduced balsamic vinegar, heat 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar with 1/4 cup of sugar. When it comes to a boil, switch the heat to simmer and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once the liquid is reduced to half the quantity you started with, turn off the gas. You can bottle this and use it for longer term.
Garnish it with fresh edible flowers to make it even more colorful.
- The choice of fruits/berries is up to you and whatever is available in your pantry.
- The combination of watermelon, mint, and lemon juice goes really well together.