Persimmon Arugula Salad is a good mix of greens and fruit and is very delicious. A beautiful mix of colors, texture, and taste. A simple vegan salad – rich in vitamins and various nutrients.
Persimmons are bountiful in season this year and I tried out various recipes using Persimmons.
There are mainly two different types of Persimmons that are commonly available – hachiya and fuyu. These persimmons are astringent and non-astringent in kind. I used Fuyu persimmons in this salad. Fuyu persimmons are non-astringent kind and are palatable both before and after ripening. The fruit is slightly crisp and sweet before it is completely ripe.
Fuyu Persimmons have a beautiful texture and design inside. These are versatile and the texture resembles that of somewhere between apple and pear.
This salad is vegan and gluten-free.
Persimmon Arugula Salad
- 2 qty Persimmons I used Fuyu variety of persimmons
- 2 cups Arugula leaves
- 1 tablespoon Pistachios chopped
- 1 tablespoon Melon seeds
- Slice persimmons. Put arugula leaves in a salad bowl or on a plate. Arrange the persimmon slices on top of it.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios ad melon seeds.
- Mix everything listed under 'Dressing', well and serve it on the side.
♥ Did you like or try this recipe? If so, I would love to hear from you. Please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more delicious posts and recipes. ♥
If you like the Persimmon Arugula salad, you may also like the following salads:
Benefits of Persimmon:
- Persimmons are high in important vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C and B, potassium and manganese. They also contain beneficial plant compounds like tannins and flavonoids.
- Persimmons are an excellent source of powerful antioxidants.
- Rich in fiber.
- Supports healthy vision